Format / Rules
BYOC: ***Bring your own controllers & consoles with the ruleset prepared listed below.***
Only participants of the tournament may enter this private event. If you wish to spectate, online spectating will be available in the future.
MASKS: Recommended, not required. Subject to change according to state requirements.
MAX OCCUPANCY: 24
NO OFFENSIVE USERNAMES
Standard SSBU tournament rules apply:
- Singles (best 2/3) (Loser finals + Grand finals 3/5)
- Double Elimination
- Time Limit: 7 minutes
- All items are turned off.
- Stage Hazard Toggle: Off
- Final Smash Meter: Off
- Spirits: Off
- Mii Fighters and their respective custom moves are allowed. If they do use custom moves, it will be shown in their name with what number move it is.
- If time runs out, the winner is first determined by how many stocks remain, and then by the percentage after time is up.
- If both stock and percentage are the same, or a game ends in both players losing their last stock at the same time, then a tiebreaker is played, which consists of a 1 stock and 3 minute match with the same characters and the same stage.
- Final Destination
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Town and City
- Yoshi’s Story
- Kalos Pokemon League
- Small Battlefield
Scroll to bottom to learn how stages are chosen for new SSBU players as well first character picks.
Portion of all tickets go into the pot.
1st – 60%
2nd – 30%
3rd – 10%
Each participant also placed into a raffle at end of event. Must be present at end of event to claim raffle prizes.
How stages are selected:
At the start of each match-up you and your opponent will quickly rock paper scissors to determine who choses first. Winner of rock paper scissors will pick the first stage to ban out of the starter lists of stages. The loser of rock paper scissors will then ban 2 stages from the starter list. Then it goes back to the winner to ban the last stage, resulting in the final stage left to play for round 1.
For round 1 characters are chosen after the stage has been selected, starting with the winner of Rock, Paper, Scissors from the stage selection.
All bans are uplifted from round 1
For round 2, the winner of round 1 chooses 2 stages to ban from the starter list, and the counter-pick list. After the winner picks the bans, they will then pick their character. Once this selection is made, the loser of round 1 then picks a stage to play in as well their own character.
All bans are uplifted from round 2
Both players get 2 bans. Winner will pick the first 2 bans, and optional new character; followed by the loser of the previous round will pick 2 bans and optional new character. Winner then decides stage.
Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org, or message us directly on Facebook.com/GamersHQCrew